Wednesday, 23 May 2012

Loads more done

I have mainly been painting as the sun has come out and it has stopped raining at last. I made a bit of a mistake with the grey primer. Once i had put the grey primer on and got the surface really smooth I tried applying the copper top coat and it simply looked wrong. This build has to be weathered to the extreme so the smooth surface just did not work. I had to paint over the grey with a black textured paint giving the surface a much rougher surface that will been much more in keeping with the build design. Once the top coat was applied over the black the finish was much better, shame I waisted the grey primer. The boot also needs to be altered, it is to large. I will cut it down by half and add a lower flexible section. I have also decided to add the boot permanently, time will tell if this is a good or bad idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment